UCSA Affiliation and Grants!
Each year the UCSA has $50,000 in General Grants, and $35,000 in Sports Grants to award toward club activities. For more information please see the UCSA Grant Policy, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants Awarded in Round 3:
- Femsoc were awarded $565.25 towards an educational licence of the documentary “The Hunting Ground”
- Women in Engineering were awarded $1000.00 towards a new branded gazebo.
- Law for Change Canterbury were awarded $310.50 towards a new roller banner for the club.
- UC PGSA were awarded $320.00 towards a new gazebo.
- Biosoc were awarded $530.00 towards buses for their ball, on the provision that this type of expense will budgeted in future.
- Arise Church were awarded $1,400.00 towards attending the Arise national conference in Wellington.
- UC Psyc were awarded $1282.25 towards two new flags and a roller banner.
- CUSSA were awarded $2,000.00 towards attending the So’otaga cultural conference.
- Canterbury Student Life were awarded $990.00 towards attending their combined national conference.
- BYCSOC were awarded $355.00 towards cricket equipment.
- SVA were awarded $460.00 towards a new flag with a spike base, and $990.00 towards 150 Hi Vis jackets for volunteers.
- UC Netball were awarded $1,281.91 towards a new griddle for the UCRFC Clubrooms, which will benefit both club’s fundraising efforts.
- UCRFC were awarded $500.00 towards bus transfers to Ashley, on the provision that this type of expense will be budgeted in future.
- CUSSC were awarded $800.00 towards subsidising 20 members to complete a comprehensive first aid certificate.
- UC Bike were awarded $850.00 towards team uniforms.
- Debsoc were awarded $2,500.00 towards attending the World Universities Debating Championship 2018 in Mexico.
- UCRC were awarded $2151.40 towards cox boxes.
- UCheer were awarded $1,000.00 towards attending the Ministry of Cheer Competition in Wellington.
- CMSA were awarded $781.73 towards equipment to help them prepare for the BERSATU games.
- UCAFC were awarded $1,913.04 towards 80 new footballs for the club.
- UCCC were awarded $1,500.00 towards new safety equipment for the club.
- Four individuals were awarded $750.00 each towards representing New Zealand at the 2017 World Rowing under 23 Championships in Bulgaria.
- Three individuals were awarded $750.00 each towards representing New Zealand at the 2017 Underwater Hockey under 23 Championships in Hobart.
At this stage, there is $31,636.53 remaining in the General Grant fund, and $13,228.08 remaining in the Sports Grant Fund.
By motion of the Exec, the following clubs are hereby affiliated for 2017:
- 180 Degrees Consulting
- Engineers Without Borders
- EURO Club
- Global China Connection Canterbury
- IET On Campus - UC
- Law For Change Canterbury
- Nusantara Students' Association
- Palmerston North Students Association of Canterbury
- Socratic Society
- Student Life Canterbury
- Student Volunteer Army
- The Gentlemen's Club
- The Investment Society
- UC Archery Club
- UC Arts
- UC Christian Union
- UC Football
- UC Frenchsoc
- UC Motorsport
- UC PowerSoc
- UC Scifi and Fantasy Club
- UC Self Defence
- UC Spanish Club
- UC Wine Club
- UC Yoshukai Karate
- UniFit - UC Social Fitness Club
- University of Canterbury Cheerleading Club
- University of Canterbury Political Science Society
- University of Canterbury rugby football club
- Varsity Dance